The World Travel and Tourism Council indicates that tourism generates 11% of global GDP…
According to the World Tourism Organization (WTO), international tourism…
- employs 200 million people;
- transports more than 700 million international travellers per year -a figure that is expected to double by 2020.
- accounts for 36% of trade in commercial services in advanced economies and 66% in developing economies;
- constitutes 3–10% of GDP in advanced economies and up to 40% in developing economies;
- is one of the top 5 exports for 83% of countries and the main source of foreign currency for at least 38% of countries.