DRINKS COINTAINERS/ PLASTIC, CARTONS AND ASEPTIC BRICKS
In many countries plastic containers, cartons and aseptic bricks - used as packaging - constitute a major part of the municipal solid waste...
Did you know?
- in Western Europe, 61% of the total plastic waste is from packaging;
- the US generates 470,000 tons of milk cartons and 60,000 tons of aseptic boxes per year.
It’s also up to us as consumer… We all can take actions to improve the situation:
- recycling such materials can lead to important energy saving (60% for plastic, 70% for paper). However, for some of these material actual recycling process is very expensive and awkward, and is therefore only available in very few places.
- minimising the amount of waste you generate buying products with little packaging;
- reusing packaging wherever possible;
- collecting our waste separately for recycling;
- asking our municipality what they are doing to improve their waste management scheme.