Play at making the switch to ‘green energy’ possible!
With a growing global energy demand set to increase and the world still relying on fossil fuels, saving energy and developing renewable supplies will be critical to a sustainable future. Energy is the future! But what do you know about this fundamental issue? What do you need energy for? What are the main energy consumers at home or at school (TV, refrigerator, PCs, etc.)? What could you do to improve energy saving? How many kinds of alternative energy sources do you know? Our selection of games will help you answer some of these questions.
To check how much you know about energy saving and clean, green sources of power, you could take one of the following multiple-choice tests:
- Seek-a-word-puzzle [www.energyquest.ca.gov/games/seek-a-word/seekword2.html] - find the 8 types of energy hidden - across, up and down and diagonally - in the letters. To play the game you should be able to print it out so you can circle the words on paper. A basic game (no previous background required) to help you remember the main renewable and conventional energy sources. (B)
- Crossword puzzle [www.energyquest.ca.gov/games/crossword_puzzles/
renewable_energy.html] - a game to check how much you know about renewable energy sources. If you want to be better prepared to face the challenge, stroll around the youthxchange materials on renewables [youthxchange.aspita.com/main/ff_environment.asp]... And even if you can't guess the word from one of the clues, a cheat option has also been provided! (B)
- YXC energy wise game – a true or false quiz to check what you could concretely do to improve energy saving at home, at school, and at work! (B)
- Renewable energy quiz [edugreen.teri.res.in/explore/quiz/requiz/quiz01.htm] - 12 questions, with low to high level of difficulty, to test your knowledge on renewable energy sources: how can biomass energy be obtained? How old is wind energy use? Find the right answers and check your final renewable energy score. (A)
- BBC quiz on renewables [newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3996689.stm] –answer the 8 quiz questions: how much energy a state-of-the-art energy efficient washing machine uses compared to an old, inefficient one, and so on. Smart, funny, and very informative: one of our favourites. (A)